A quick rundown of places we’ve enjoyed in Texas.
- Casino el Camino – good burgers and spicy wings. A bit of a “metal” vibe, but really enjoyable.
- Polvos – boozy margaritas, hit or miss on food
- Curra’s – solid Mexican food; try the avocado margarita
- Texas Chili Parlor – very meaty chili, try the XX and also the green chili
- Micklethwait Craft Meat – seriously delicious barbecue! Skip the line for Franklin and head here
- Cenote – great breakfast/brunch spot in East Austin
- Cuvee – nice coffee shop on the East side; interesting automated pour over machines
- Easy Tiger – neat patio and great cheese board! Plus a pretty solid beer menu
- Bangers – 30 house made brats and over 100 beers on the menu! Get the beer float and a pupwurst for your furry friend!